Cutting Edge Marketing
South Africa has one of the largest mobile markets in the world. For businesses, it’s one of the most accessible and effective advertising platforms yet. Mobile marketing is advertising on a mobile device, such as a phone or gaming psp, and is an effective way of reaching potential customers through digital campaigns. It’s used to advertise and promote brands, products or services to a larger customer base than ever before. Email marketing is just as effective as most mobile phone users now also setup their email accounts on their devices. Therefore mobile and email marketing is an essential part of any marketing campaign. Read more about our Mobile and Email marketing solutions below.
36 Million Active Mobile Phone users. - SOURCE:ADMOb & VODACOM SA
Marketing on a mobile phone has become very popular in recent years, and SMS marketing is now a widely-used and efficient advertising medium. The latest statistics speak for themselves:
- According to Admob, the world’s biggest mobile advertising marketplace, South Africa is ranked as the 5th largest mobile market in the world.
- As of May 2009, South Africa has been serving more than 150 million mobile ad impressions each month.
- Since 2008, Admob has seen a 35% increase in mobile traffic in Africa, with South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Egypt and Tanzania being the largest contributors to this increase.
- The myGamma Global Marketing Advertising Index has ranked South Africa as the 3rd largest global mobile market. Its most recent figures revealed that SA serves more than 526 million ad impressions each year.
Mobile marketing provides a highly personal and cost-effective advertising platform, and many companies are recognising the benefits of implementing a mobile or SMS marketing campaign as part of their advertising strategy.
The objectives of mobile marketing campaigns are usually to increase brand awareness, boost revenue, and improve customer loyalty.
What makes mobile marketing so effective?
- Campaigns are highly targeted according to age, gender, race, LSM, area of residence and so forth.
- It’s a two-way dialogue between brand and consumer, building a personal relationship.
- It integrates well with radio, print, billboard, online and TV campaigns.
- It’s viral: Consumers can forward messages about products to each other.
- It enables companies to create valuable databases for permission-based marketing.
- It’s instantaneous, delivering messages straight to consumer and enabling an immediate response.
- It results in a high click-through rate.
- It’s interactive, engaging and elicits response.
- It’s affordable.
Some of the ways of utilising the mobile phone as a marketing medium are:
- Short Codes - Short codes have become a popular way to communicate with customers. The short codes are 5 or 6 digit numbers assigned by mobile operators for different mobile marketing campaigns. Consumers access information or content by responding to a short code number.
- SMS marketing - Mobile SMS marketing utilises text messaging via cell phones as a medium to communicate their company’s message to a number of targeted consumers. Consumers respond to an SMS sent to their cell phone by a company utilising a bulk messaging service.
- MMS Marketing - MMS mobile marketing is also often used to send customers a slideshow of images, text, audio and video. MMS (Multimedia Message Service) is content that is delivered via these mediums.
- Social Networking - Social networking is also becoming a popular mobile marketing medium, and location-based services, such as The Grid in South Africa – which make use of the normal cell phone network to enable positioning – are becoming very popular.
- Internet Marketing - Advertising on web pages that have been created specifically for mobile devices is another effective mobile marketing option. Websites are now being developed just for mobile phones. Major search engines such as Google have mobile advertising placements options. Only a small percentage of people in Africa have access to the World Wide Web, but with the introduction of Internet browsing capabilities on cell phones, more and more people in Africa have access to the Internet.
Previously, the ability to navigate the web and browse web pages was difficult due to the size of the screens of mobile phones. This has changed, however, due to the introduction of smart phones. The growing market for these devices has made the web, gaming and social networks more accessible, to more people, than ever before.
There are 36 million+ cell phone subscribers in South Africa
Based on research by Vodacom SA & Admob, the majority of this total is primarily using their mobile phone to gain Internet access. South Africa is one of the countries on the forefront of the move to mobile marketing and it is becoming even more imprtant for companies to utilise mobile advertising as an effective marketing medium. Most South African major brands and companies already realised this and enjoying a massive increase in awareness and conversion. We have seen a huge increase in integrated marketing campaigns and these are becoming more and more popular.
IMAGE SOURCE : GOOGLE GOMO
Effective Email Marketing services are the most valuable of all online marketing tactics. It is extremely cost effective, can be highly targeted and customised. Our bulk mail solution simplifies every step of your email newsletter and marketing emails, from setting up subscriber lists, to mailing messages and tracking delivery results
We can set scheduled email campaigns as well as auto-responders allowing immediate personal email replies. This keeps the potential clients in the loop of what's happening and what the next step is depending on what you want it to be, ie: signing-up, deposit into bank account etc.
NEED A QUOTE ON OUR emarketing packages
we have a range of marketing solutions to suit your needs